he Met has issued an appeal to catch London’s top ten most wanted robbery suspects warning them ‘we will not stop hunting you until you are arrested’.
Scotland Yard released images on Thursday of the ten and urged the public to step forward so that they can face justice.
Extra police have been dispatched to robbery hotspots in the battle to reduce robbery.
Robbery is the biggest contributor to youth violence in London with 24 per cent of robberies involving knives, according to figures for the year to May 31.
However robbery offences reduced by 39 per cent with 16,440 fewer victims.
Detective Chief Superintendent Lee Hill, of the Violent Crime Taskforce, said: “With summer around the corner, we are increasing our efforts to bear down on robbery and arrest these individuals to bring them to justice.
“These offenders have caused fear and think it is ok to steal from our communities. It is our priority to arrest them to prevent them from causing further harm. The impact of robbery can be long-lasting and have a devastating effect on the victim, who often feel a total loss of control.
“These 10 individuals have been involved in some violent and frightening attacks. My message is clear – we will not stop looking for you until you are arrested. Do the right thing and hand yourself in at your nearest police station and you can begin to turn your life around. You will not be able to evade justice forever.
“In the Met we are working hard to tackle robbery. There are dedicated, proactive units working to locate offenders across London. We are focusing our resources in hotspot areas and putting our officers where they are most needed.
“We routinely carry out arrest enquiries to locate outstanding offenders, but we also need the help of the public. If you know where any of these offenders are, or happen to see them while you are out and about then I urge you to pass on information to us as soon as possible.”
The Met issued this information about the suspects:
• Jamie Reese Bagnall, 23, last known to reside in Wickford, Essex, is wanted for an armed robbery in October 2021 in Chadwell Heath. He was part of a group armed with knives who poured acid on the face of the victim, kicked and punched him and stole his watch.
• Iosif Marius Amarandei, 22, last known to reside in Basildon, Essex, is wanted for three robberies committed in the summer of 2021 in Harold Hill, Dagenham and Romford. On all three occasions arranged to meet the victim in order to buy a car, he then robbed them of cash and valuable items. On one occasion, he pointed a gun in the victim’s face. He is also known to have carried a knife.
• Beniamin Cosmin Boros, 33, last known to reside in Kingsbury, is wanted for a violent robbery in Edgeware in October 2021. He beat up the victim and robbed him of his wallet, mobile, keys and van.
• Joshua Clarke, 32, last known to reside in Westminster, is wanted for a robbery in Kensal Town in August 2021. He befriended the victim then punched and kicked them in order to steal mobile phones and a wallet to the value of £750
• Swaleh Ahmed Swaleh, 23, last known to reside in Romford, is wanted for an armed robbery in Ilford in September 2021. He held a knife to the throat of a victim and robbed him of his pedal cycle.
• Mason Bradley Luxon, 24, last known to reside in Romford, is wanted for an armed robbey in Romford in November 2019. Three men approached the victim with a knife and demanded they hand over their property.
• Ayman Ghazoini, 22, last known to reside in Ealing, is wanted for three violent robberies. In February 2022 at a hotel in Kensington he threated the victim with a knife and made them transfer cryptocurrency. He robbed another victim of bitcoin and jewellery in St John’s Wood in 2022. In November 2018 he robbed a victim for cash at knifepoint also in St John’s Wood. He is also wanted on recall to prison for breach of his license conditions.
If you see any of the wanted call 101 or dial 999 or if it’s an emergency. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.