Tyson Fury says there’s ‘no way’ he will fight Anthony Joshua… but claimed Oleksandr Usyk would be ‘a walk in the park.’
Boxing fans were devastated to learn that the long-awaited ‘Battle of Britain’ showdown on December 3 at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff would not be happening after all due to a breakdown in communication.
The Gypsy King, 34, had been locked in talks with AJ and his promoter Eddie Hearn for weeks before agreeing to face Derek Chisora in a trilogy bout.
Fury, who had set several public deadlines in an attempt to speed up the process, has been left frustrated by the collapse in negotiations.
Now he has accused Joshua of behaving like a ‘coward’ before claiming he will ‘butcher’ Usyk like a piece of meat on a chopping block.
READ MORE: Anthony Joshua next fight: ‘Exciting’ alternative to Deontay Wilder proposed
Tyson Fury and Derek Chisora will face off in a trilogy fight on December 3 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
What has Tyson Fury said about Anthony Joshua?
When asked if he thinks they will ever fight each other in the future, Fury told Queensberry Promotions’ official Youtube channel: “No, there’s no glamour in fighting a coward, none.
“I don’t fight cowards, I only fight real men.
“So, to say that’s a glamour fight? No way. My glamour fight was fighting the 43-0 Deontay Wilder in America.
“That was my glamour fight.
“The first time two heavyweight champions have fought each other while being undefeated since Ali fought Frazier the first time.
“This other bum fight over here with Joshua was a bit like a Sunday roast, people over here only respect it in England and Usyk will be a walk in the park, I’ll butcher him.”
READ MORE: Tyson Fury needs to beat Oleksandr Usyk to cement his legacy – Barry McGuigan
Will Tyson Fury ever fight Anthony Joshua?
Tony Bellew‘s longtime trainer David Coldwell also fears the nation’s two biggest stars may never settle the score in the ring.
Writing in his column for the Daily Mail, he said: “Unfortunately, we’re now left with what appears to be a Ricky Hatton vs Junior Witter situation, though obviously on a much bigger scale.
“At the time in Britain we all wanted to see that, but it never happened.
“We all wanted to see Joe Calzaghe vs Carl Froch, that never happened either. I think this is the next one in that line.
“I don’t think it will happen. I think we’ve missed the window for it, I really do.”
You can keep up to date with all of the latest Boxing News right here on GIVEMESPORT.
News Now – Sport News